Sunday, January 02, 2005

Take My Blog, Please

I don't feel like blogging today. I haven't felt like this since I started out blogging ten days ago. What's wrong? Is it blog burnout? Does this happen to other bloggers too? Nobody warned me. And what would become of my blog? Can I hand it down to somebody else to continue on it? What would the readers' reaction be? The ones who didn't read what I wrote to begin with? Will they be let down? Angry? Resentful?

Another thing about blogging is: do I want it one-way? Do I want to write what I want to and exclude others? Or do I want everyone to contribute? Will it be more valuable as time goes by or less valuable? What would I want to read about in my blogs ten years from now? Lets imagine that blogging was available in 1995 and that I was a very active blogger. What would I wish now to have been writing about on a daily basis?

2 Comments:

Blogger Blank designs said...

it seems we are sharing the mentality of confusion!!! a question after another question after another a seriesof questions. i've spotted out one of your interests is doodling, no wonder i see myself sink in it each time i feel very upset or shattered. thanks for sharing:^) with peace...

4:56 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I guess Blogger's Block affexts people differently depending on their motivation for starting and what they write about.

You know my blog. I began it as a way of keeping friends and family informed of what we're up to during the two years we'll be livin in Riyadh. I find I have blogging up's and down's, where I'll alternately be ultra-motivated and the next week feel as you describe in your post - can't be bothered.
But then when I can't be bothered I start to feel anxious that, if I don't post anything for a week or more, my readers will get bored and stop checking the site.

It's quite a surprising amount of pressure actually.
Chris

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home