Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Nine and a half blogs

I blog therefore I am, said the existential blogger. But maybe the value of this blog, for me at least, is to read it years from now and reflect at how things have changed. It is a snapshot of my thinking as opposed to my image. Right. Um, blogging along now, we go to the next topic. I don't have any topics in my mind right now. I'm supposed to just write 500 words a day and get it over with. And not read it again for, like, ten years or something.

Or maybe it would be better if I had several different blogs to address seven different themes that I'd like to write about. Maybe having just one blog is not only not enough; it actually cripples my very attempt at blogging. I'm beginning to believe that the more a blog is narrow and specific, the more useful it is to its reader. So, what topics should I choose? And how specific should they be? Top on the list, of course, would be the pursuit and building of the Realistic Utopia (whatever that turns out to be).

Clearly, there is a sense that only now are we on the verge of a 'knowledge' revolution. The 'information' revolution is so yesterday. Its the transfer of knowledge that will bring real and tremendous change to our lives, individually as well as collectively. Having all the information in the world at (literally) the tip of my fingers amounts to nothing if I don't know how to make use of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home