Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Writing as therapy

I don't want anybody to read this. Which is why I'm posting it to hundreds of millions to see. Does this make sense? My point is if everybody has an equal voice then what we'll end up with is noise. Make that NOISE!!! Sooner or later people will come to realize, as the internet euphoria subsides, that we need to go back to hierarchies. No, to some that's a very bad word. Make that 'deliberate filters'. Or private editors. Or call it what you like.

But I shouldn't give the impression that I'm trying to communicate anything here. I'm not presenting any ideas, nor trying to reach anybody. I'm using writing in of itself as therapy. Writing in an 'exposed' form, that is. I have been a procrastinator and a perfectionist for way too long. Hesitating to write a single word for no logical reason whatsoever. Who cares if what I write is not perfect. I WANT it that way now. You don't have to read it. But that doesn't mean that I shouldn't write it. Or feel bad about writing after I do.

I've discovered that the writing itself is not the most difficult part. The hard part is facing the 'RE-' writing. The editing. The choosing a better word, a more appropriate phrase, a more coherent structure. But I'm done with that now. I will write regardless of anything else, with no concern for putting even a basic idea to unify the jumbled mess that I don't care to review (save for spelling and grammar).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home